BOVINE PERICARDIUM DURA PATCH
The Bovine Pericardium Patch consists of bovine pericardium treated in glutaraldehyde and preserved in 4% formaldehyde solution. This treatment gives the pericardium its appropriate characteristics of resistance and flexibility, and prevents antigenicity.
- Neurosurgery: Replacement of the dura mater.
- Cardiovascular surgery: closure of intracavitary defects, enlargement of the right ventricular outflow tract and aortic annulus during valve replacement, treatment of aortic and left ventricular aneurysms, atrial and ventricular repair, Mustard surgery, peripheral arterioplasties.
- Thoracic surgery: closure of bronchial stumps and diaphragmatic hernias, treatment of chest wall defects (both congenital and traumatic).
- General surgery: Surgical treatment of hernias and eventrations.
- Urologic surgery: cytoplasty and ureteroplasty.